Friday, September 9, 2011

The New Beginning

The summer came to an end Idaho for us a little bittersweet if you ask me.  We packed the truck with a lot less stuff then we had when we left Redondo Beach, that's for sure.  After many ebay sales, craigslist listings, and yard sales we downsized even more.  Now our stuff is in a safe place waiting for our return after our adventure.   We now begin living the dream of traveling this country, meeting people, seeing what there is to see, learning about our history and ourselves.

The final month went faster than expected.  I (Lorraine) had the single best summer I ever could have had with a terrific brother who I got to spend time with like I never have before.  It's a summer I will cherish forever.  It made the beginning of this trip the best way to start.  We had great BBQ's on the weekends, spent mother's day, father's day and the 4th of July together.  It was quite a summer.  Thanks to them for the hospitality.  I could not be happier right now. 



 My brother and his wife (above)

Here we are on the last weekend saying bye.  Verlin (in the riding gear), Jan, Tom !!  Chloe is the Brown dog  and Hunter is the blonde dog.   

More updates this weekend about our boat trips on the lake, our trip to Glacier National Park and our Zip Line Tour...coming soon!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment