Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Sorry a little in between update

We stopped in the Des Moines area of Iowa prior to going to Illinois.  This is where my family is from.  I have a wonderful Uncle and Aunt to let us stay at their home, (actually in the alley behind it).  They hooked us up to water and power and we did just great.

Spending a week there to visit my extended family was wonderful.  In addition we got to see my Mom before she left for her new home in California.  Getting up there in her years (83) she has some memory loss and needs help.

We got to see some family on my father's side and meet up with a cousin who I am pleased to be chatting with now via messages on Facebook.  All in all a great trip.  Even got to go to the bakery in town and pig out on pastry.  I will be working out extra to get rid of.....

No comments:

Post a Comment