Saturday, March 24, 2012

Birds, Bugs, and Flowers. Welcome to Spring Time.

Our campground is surrounded by woods and lots of trees which makes for a great place to find some interesting birds.  I (Lorraine) have caught the photography bug as I said before and have been out bird hunting most mornings because if you know Tom you know he's not up early.  


Here is the fast flying Cardinal.  Had some trouble getting close to him, but he finally posed pretty good for us.  







We also went to the Arboretum to scope out some flowers, birds and bugs.   It was truly a beautiful place with lots of trails to hike and bike.  If I lived here I would be there all the time. 

The Butterfly was really pretty.


Tom is very fond of his bugs.  He has a knack for finding some very cool shots.
 The bumble bees were doing their job and he caught it with the eye of an expert. 




At the Arboretum I got a shot of this little guy.  I haven't figured out what he is.
  I'll keep looking and try to figure it out.  He seems to like to forage on the ground for insects.


Daffodil 


This is a Christmas Rose



I hear the birds calling me.  Time to run out and find some more fun pictures.


2 comments:

  1. As usual, words seem inadequate to describe this beauty... I love the cardinal pictures. They are truly the best I have seen. The tiny yellow flowers are beautiful. The bird of unknown species, is a beautiful soft brown. I'd almost call it an everyday Sparrow, but the brown is velvety...unless that is the magic of the camera?
    Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. Tom photoshopped some of these photos. The Cardinal was a challenge.

    ReplyDelete