Thursday, June 14, 2012

More Vermont....

So here's a funny story....


Me, the city girl, takes off on a walk with the dogs on the morning after we arrive in Vermont.  We are winding through dirt roads enjoying the sun's warm rays peeking through the maple trees when we happen upon an area with tubes and lines all around.  

I am standing there thinking.  Well this landowner doesn't want anyone walking around their property, people or animals, so they strung rope lights from tree to tree.  Wow this must look really neat at night with the lights on.  I must come back after dark and take a picture.  

Well when I return Sherri and I head to town to go do some grocery shopping.  While on our way we pass another piece of land with the same tubes.  Sherri explains that they have tapped the trees for maple syrup and this is the time of year when they harvest it.  

In my head I am saying well silly me I am in Vermont how else would they get the syrup???  Squeeze the tree like a sponge?  I have to laugh at myself for this one.  When we got back from shopping I told them all what I thought it was.  Everyone got a great laugh...





Maple Syrup anyone !!!!

After tasting the local syrup we're hooked.  


No comments:

Post a Comment