Sunday, November 25, 2012

Good Bye New Jersey and Stay Strong....

Today we leave New Jersey as I stated we were released from deployment.  I am happy and bitter now.  We helped some and dangled a carrot of help to others, no thanks to our government.  These people will be rebuilding for years.  A disaster like this brings out the good and the bad in many.  Communities and neighborhoods have come together which is so wonderful to see.  Tempers are beginning to flare in some places as patience is running thin.  No power or heat in some of the hardest hit homes.  People living in hotels for the foreseeable future. Some looting over the Thanksgiving holiday.  Not much more Tom and I can do here so we head south to little warmer weather.  Here a my last images of Superstorm Sandy....

This is the area I worked.  The storm broke through here and that is what caused the catastrophic flooding in the area.  We could not go out this far.  My area we just before the bridge on the way out to the Island.  I found this on the internet to show where the storm broke through.

At the end of the road in Manoloking. 
The roller coaster....



Bye New Jersey...you offered us quite and adventure.  We are tired and ready to move on.  Next photos will hopefully be of some Eagles and our travels through Maryland and Virginia while we head to North Carolina...

No comments:

Post a Comment