Sunday, February 27, 2011

Watching the Pancakes

There is a small sofa next to the kitchen counter where I cook.  Sam, our dog, sometimes sleeps there.  So the other morning I was making pancakes and she was asleep until she smelled them.  I think she awoke in heaven.  Never before had she been so close to the kitchen counter and the food being prepared.  Those eyes were saying "Are all those for me?" .  Needless to say "No they are not."  She was a statue the whole time I cooked those.  After that night the dog beds are on the floor again.

Today we are heading back to California, unfortunately because I have to go to the doctor and then next week have the screws taken out of my foot.  It is what it is.  We are leaving a day early to take our time and maybe take a detour to Colorado River.  We'll see what the day brings.  Not having a plan is little out of my comfort zone but I knew going in that that would be the case.  I always need a plan, a list and know what's going to happen when.  Probably the control freak inside me.  Just have to quiet down that side and let the day roll on.  There won't be any internet for a few days until we get settled some place.  I don't think the Wal Mart parking lots have wifi for the full time RVers who stay there while passing through.  So see you in a few days with an update.

No comments:

Post a Comment