Saturday, April 30, 2011

Feeling the cool chill of Idaho

We made it McCall Idaho on Tuesday April 26th.  It was a beautiful place.  We had the whole resort to ourselves.  It seems the resort was taken over by a larger company and not many people knew it was open during winter / spring.  It felt like winter with more than 3 feet of snow on the ground.   There was an indoor pool, jacuzzi and steam room we had all to ourselves, which was fabulous.  After soaking in the hot tub we ran outside and made snow angels in our bathing suits.  It was quite chilly I must say.

The picture is of the lodge where the pool and jacuzzi were.


We went for a hike and took some pictures  of a river that runs through the area.  I stopped and soaked my foot in the cold water to get the swelling down.  It seems my foot does not like the uneven terrain but I think its good therapy to get it strong.


There were several deer in the area and we had an opportunity to shoot them up close.  Not with a gun, a camera.  In the camping area where we were staying there were some grazing.  Sam and Coffee thought they wanted to chase them.  Sam was not on her lease and got a little far away but after a few calls she came back.  Although she was none too happy about it.  She really wanted to chase them as did Coffee.

As you can see from the photo below there was still a lot of snow.  The coach was parked and the deer were grazing around us.  That's why the dogs wanted to chase them.


Our hike brought us down to the river I mentioned before.  It was very so beautiful.  I don't think these photos quite capture the true beauty.  I could have sat there all day but it was a bit chilly.  It did snow while we were there although not much really stuck.  We both really had a great time and hope to come back during another season to see this place. 




We left McCall and have now made it to Coure D'Alene Idaho near where my brother lives.  The drive in was good, had some snow showers and rain but all in all it was an easy drive.  I guess that's easy for me to say since I wasn't driving Tom was.  There were some good 7% grades which he handled perfectly.

We plan on staying here for a while to go through some of our belongings on our storage truck and visit with my brother and his family.  Our home now is on the Spokane River at a place called Blackwell's.  Not many people here yet but we are told it will fill up in June.  We have this spot for a month and then we'll see if we move around any.  It snowed a bit yesterday which for me was great although I know my family up here is really tired of the snow.  It's spring already and the snow should be finished.

I'll post again soon....Thanks for reading our blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment