Friday, April 15, 2011

Tom goes to Idaho

Tom's Blog.....


The truck is in Idaho and I am back in Bakersfield.

I left here Monday morning at 9:00 am and drove North on I-5 till 10:30  pm stopping only for fuel till I slept at Super 8 Motel in Bend, OR till 5:30 am.  Willie Nelson woke me up singing On the Road Again, so I started driving again.  Except for the 2 new Delco 12V batteries (under that battery cover) on sale for $110 each at Hermiston, OR where I-84 & I-82 intersect on the Columbia River Gorge before crossing into WA, all went well.  The truck ran well and could cruise at 70 mph as attested to by the WSP Commercial Trooper who stopped me entering Spokane for 70 in a 60 (I skipped the trip from the river to Spokane cause that part of OR deserves to be recycled and used for concrete, I don't see any other good purpose for it).  When he was convinced I wasn't a commercial driver busting regs a warning was issued and I was on my way for the last hour at 60 mph through Spokane into ID.  A good thing I might add as WSP has Troopers on motorcycles too, but they didn't even wave to say hello cause I was only doing 60.

Once there the truck was parked behind the barn where it will stay till we catch up to do whatever comes next.  A return flight on Wed leaving Rathdrum at 6 am arriving in Phoenix at 11 am departed at 1 pm and arrived in Bakersfield at 3pm.  Frequent flier miles and a $100 upgrade to first class made the flight on US Air more comfortable.

Today (Thursday)  I get to crawl under the front of the coach and figure out what is lose on the hydraulic leveling motor.  When it was time to move to Bakersfield and I retracted the levelers, they didn't retract till I physically held the battery wire on the "starter motor?".  I didn't level when we got here cause of the truck so now more stuff to fix.  Ain't life just grand.

Friday April 15th...Tom will be looking for a new motor as it didn't work to take it off and play with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment