Saturday, June 14, 2014

Kombuscha working

One of the things I like to drink is Kombuscha which is a Fermented Tea.  It sounds gross but the Probiotics in it can help heal the gut.  So I started a brew about 3 weeks ago with a Scoby which is like a starter for Sour Dough bread and you can keep moving it from one batch to the next.  I know it looks gross !!  They are sold at Whole Foods, Sprouts and most health food stores.



                                            
Scoby growing in the tea at 80 degrees.


The finished batch as of Friday.


My additions to the tea for flavor were Blueberries, Raw Ginger and Basil.  
The Basil was from our garden.  The other items will be grown here soon enough. 


The finished product wasn't bad for a first attempt.  I think it could have had a little more kick and maybe been fermented more. Which would actually give it a low percent of alcohol content.  Next batch is in the making.

Check the whole blog because I am doing a few posts this morning......Sorry I have to carve out time to do this when I can.

                                                      


No comments:

Post a Comment